How to Enter
The 2017 OBIE Awards
Thank you for entering the OBIE Awards! Below is the information you will need to complete the entry process.
We will not mail out the entry packets as in previous years. The Entry ID’s have been emailed out to you. Please follow the online entry instructions below. The Entry Checklist, Judges Worksheet and the Homeowner Release can be downloaded below.
1) Once you’ve logged into the system please double check your entry #’s. If there’s a problem please contact Monica Saunders
2) Entry & Contact Information: Please fill in the online entry and contact information. You can log-in to update the information until June 2nd. If the information changes after June 2nd, email Monica Saunders immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) Entry Checklist: Established criteria for each category and provides a checklist of the policies and procedures for entering each category. Carefully follow this list as you gather your materials and ensure that you have completed each item on the checklist.
4) Judges Worksheet: Details the criteria the judges will use when evaluating your entry. This is only for your records and is an exact copy of what the judges will receive. This will enable you to have a clear understanding of what the judges will be looking for in your category.
5) Sold/Occupied Homes: Submit a sealed copy of the sales contract and a signed Homeowner’s Release form.
Download the Homeowner Release below and upload as a pdf to the specified entry. The sales contract must be submitted in an envelope with the ID number clearly labeled. Please mail it to the Housing Center (1484 Brockett Rd, Tucker GA 30084)
6) Unsold/Unoccupied Homes: Submit promotional material showing the sales price of that house on that lot. Please be sure to label it with the correct ID#. PDF files can be uploaded to the online system. If the home sells prior to judging, please notify us immediately.
7) Files: (New this year) Please submit all required photos through the online system along with any PDF files, PowerPoint Presentations (convert to PDF’s). Digital files for Radio/TV spots should be able to upload on the online system as well. Should you have any problem doing please constact Monica Saunders email@example.com. Please make sure you label ALL files with your entry ID#. DO NOT email us your photos/digital files.
o All entry materials are unique to each category. Please follow the instructions carefully and don’t forget to include your ID number on all entry forms and files—Whatever you upload to system must have ID#s labeled on them as well (i.e.-homeowner releases, floorplans, sales contract, etc.).
o It is recommended that you print, and review your submission carefully. Whatever you submit is used for the judging, on awards and in the Winners book. We simply cut and paste your own words. We do not alter anything so please be very thorough when submitting your entry.
o We do our very best to send out reminders but it is not our responsibility to constantly remind you of the deadlines. If your entry is incomplete the entry will not be judged.
o All entry materials must be submitted through the online system and mailed to the HBA by June 2nd, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. The contents will be reviewed and you will be notified if you are missing any materials. Once you are notified, you will have 3 days to submit missing material. If the missing entry materials are not received after 3 days your entry will be disqualified with NO REFUND.
We want everything to be as easy as possible for you so please don’t hesitate to contact Monica Saunders at 678-775-1465 with your questions/concerns. (Please allow 48 hours for a return call.)
The very best of luck to you and we hope to see you on stage Saturday, November 11th at Omni Hotel!